We're expanding our team
Wildwood Ecology are looking for outstanding Senior Ecologists to join our growing team based in South Wales and the Cotswolds. Do you want to join a progressive ecological consultancy with a strong vision and values? We are a company who won't knowingly work on projects which compromise our beliefs. We encourage our people to think for themselves and we trust them to make the right decisions.
In order to be considered, you must have the necessary technical skills and licenses, but more importantly, you will need outstanding transferable skills and qualities that include resilience and open-mindedness. You will be highly focused, self-aware and share our company values.
Company values & benefits
Our company values focus upon four main areas; (1) to do well by doing good (to make choices that benefit both the client and nature), (2) to choose collaboration over competition (we enjoy working together to achieve greatness), (3) to make work enjoyable (we value a healthy work life balance) and (4) to commit 100% to customer service (we will always find a way).
The successful candidate should be keen to play an active role in shaping our values as we evolve and grow.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus in line with practice performance (not guaranteed!)
- Continuous service bonus after 5 and 10 years
- Agile working policy
- 25 days annual leave (rising with service) plus 8 bank holidays, plus an additional day on your birthday
- One day a month paid to carry out volunteer work in your community
- Use of company vehicle or mileage allowance
- PPE, branded workwear and equipment, laptop and mobile
- Training and time dedicated to professional development
- Professional subscriptions paid
Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours a week, however you will need to be flexible and adaptable especially during the survey season when you may need to work unsocial and additional hours. (We offer Time off in Lieu (TOIL) if you are required to work additional hours).
The Candidate Essential skills
You should have the following essential skills:
- Possession of at least two personal protected species licenses, one of which must be for bats; ability to prepare and submit detailed mitigation licenses for a range of protected species.
- A high level of experience in the preparation of and editing and reviewing a wide range of ecological reports.
- A high level of experience of project management including Ecological Clerk of Work duties, the supervision of mitigation measures, compliance, and monitoring.
- Demonstrable experience of motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Desirable skills include:
- Possession of additional protected species survey licences in both England and Wales.
- Tree climbing skills suitable to undertake aerial wildlife surveys.
You should have the following essential knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of biodiversity design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans, and drawings.
- Knowledge and an understanding of principles and processes for providing customer services.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of relevant wildlife laws and planning policy within the UK.
- Knowledge and experience of workplace physical and mental health and safety legislation including the preparation of site and activity risk assessments and method statements.
Desirable knowledge include:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of B Corporations and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's).
You should have the following essential attributes:
- Eligibility to work permanently within the UK.
- Full membership of CIEEM and/or CIEMA.
- Full UK driving license with access to own car insured for business use.
- Relevant and recognised degree in an ecological discipline.
- A demonstrable high level of ability to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
Desirable attributes include:
- Advanced Health and Safety related qualification (e.g., IOSH Managing Safely).
- Relevant and recognised postgraduate degree in an ecological discipline.
- An ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
How to apply
In the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal discussion about the role, or alternatively to request an information pack.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview using a video conferencing platform during March 2021, with a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
Unsuccessful applicants and candidates will be provided with appropriate feedback on request
Closing Date: 30/04/2021 Location: South Wales