Senior Consultant Ecologist
Central Belt: Glasgow or Edinburgh
REF: EC01 - 0121
EnviroCentre Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Consultant Ecologist, to be based in our Glasgow office.
We are ideally looking for an individual with 4 or more years’ of proven experience within an ecological consultancy, who can demonstrate a strong technical background.
The role will provide an opportunity for an individual to demonstrate a broad range of ecology skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of a passionate, integrated, dynamic environmental team that spans our four regions. You will have experience of projects across a range of sectors and be able to liaise directly with stakeholders and colleagues of other technical disciplines to achieve the best environmental outcomes for our clients and their projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key regional and national projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and undertaking targeted habitat and species surveys;
- Producing high quality reports including Preliminary Ecological Appraisal;
- Undertaking design of ecological mitigation and advising on its delivery;
- Managing small to medium scale projects (particularly project budgets and deadlines), and contributing to large scale project delivery with support from the wider team;
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities;
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects;
- Delivering technical work within your specialisms, on complex or challenging projects;
- Fee proposal preparation and tender bid sumbissions;
- Attendance to meetings, provide advice to clients and internal multi-discipline team members.
- You will hold a relevant degree, ideally with a further education qualification (MSc in a relevant environmental discipline is desirable but not essential);
- Full or Associate Member of CIEEM (Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management);
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends policy trends, standards and established ecological guidance;
- Expertise in habitat and species survey, assessment and mitigation for one or more species group (preference for bats and other British mammals, GCN, and botanical knowledge);
- Experience in writing or contributing to HRA, EcIA and Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements;
- Strong report writing skills and a track record of effective project management, delivering tasks on time and to budget
- Experience in Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) or working with site contractors to deliver advice and mitigation on site to ensure client commitments are met;
- Confident in a client facing capacity with a knowledge of the environmental consultancy market;;
- GIS or QGIS skills will be advantageous;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The flexibility to work unsociable hours, or away from home as required;
- A full, clean, UK driving licence; and
- Candidates keen to mentor junior staff are highly desirable.
What EnviroCentre can offer you:-
We invest in you and your success. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and achieve their next career steps.
Become part of our highly respected team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts in a range of environmental disciplines who take pride in the quality of service that we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, a training allowance, company pension contributions and more.
To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, which can be downloaded from the careers section of our website, and return this along with your CV to Gema Martinez Lara at Recruitment@envirocentre.co.uk
You can learn much more about EnviroCentre at www.envirocentre.co.uk