REF: EC03 - 0121
EnviroCentre Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Arboricultural Consultant to join a long established ecology team whom currently undertake tree surveys often in combination with habitat and species surveys.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key regional and national projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- BS5837 survey, BS3998 tree works specifications, and Visual Tree Assessments (VTA) predominantly for the housing sector;
- Contributing to tree/woodland knowledge to habitat projects;
- Compiling fee proposals and survey methods;
- Delivery of onsite survey work including data gathering using mobile devices;
- Creating digital plans using CAD/GIS or specific tree mapping software as required;
- Reporting including Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Method Statements;
- Maintaining direct liaison with clients, design teams and consultees during a project lifecycle;
- Providing onsite client support, auditing and supervision of works in relation to trees;
- Contributing to ecology and multi-disciplinary environmental projects where trees and woodlands are a consideration;
- Conducting fieldwork anywhere in Scotland (and perhaps the UK) as required;
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A degree in an environmental discipline, forestry, arboriculture; OR a Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 3 in Arboriculture;
- Membership of a professional body such as: Technician Grade membership of the Arboricultural Association and/or Member of the Consulting Arborist Society (pending/expected or other relevant memberships, such as CIEEM, ICF, ISA, will also be considered);
- A working knowledge of BS5837:2012, Tree Preservation Orders, Conservation Areas, planning guidance, practical forestry and arboricultural operations;
- The ability to confidently use CAD/GIS or a dedicated tree mapping software of your preference to present tree survey data;
- An understanding of the opportunities for biodiversity, green infrastructure and the protection and enhancement of ecosystems associated with trees and woodlands;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team as well as conduct tasks independently;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a desire and ability to share knowledge;
- A commitment to develop yourself professionally and a desire grow the service offering within EnviroCentre’s team;
- Good time management and project management skills; and
- A full, clean, UK driver’s licence.
What EnviroCentre can offer you:-
We invest in you and your success. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and achieve their next career steps.
Become part of our highly respected team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts in a range of environmental disciplines who take pride in the quality of service that we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, a training allowance, company pension contributions and more.
To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, which can be downloaded from the careers section of our website, and return this along with your CV to Gema Martinez Lara at Recruitment@envirocentre.co.uk
You can learn much more about EnviroCentre at www.envirocentre.co.uk