The CJS is an ethical small business publishing free and low cost information to promote countryside careers in the UK and environmental conservation worldwide.
If there is a problem, please let us know and we will try to solve it, but please note:
The CJS is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Neither party hereto shall be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires strike (of its own or other employees) insurrection or riots embargoes container shortages wrecks or delays in transportation inability to obtain supplies and raw materials requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority (an 'Event of Force Majeure').
Each of the parties hereto agrees to give notice forthwith to the other upon becoming aware of an Event of Force Majeure such notices to contain details of the circumstances giving rise to the Event of Force Majeure.
If a default due to an Event of Force Majeure shall continue for more than 6 weeks then the party not in default shall be entitled to terminate this agreement. Neither party shall have any liability to the other in respect of the termination of this agreement as a result of an Event of Force Majeure.
In the event of non-publication the maximum amount of our liability is reimbursement of the order value.
You are welcome to display or distribute (free and intact) your paper copy of CJS Weekly or digital CJS Monthly. If you are using one subscription to CJS Weekly for many readers please inform the Data Manager then we can convert your subscription to a multi-user account, this is especially important if you read the digital version as excessive use of an account will result in denial of service. With prior permission content from this website may be replicated with appropriate accreditation to source.
(Also see point 14 of the standard Advertisement Booking T&C)
Payment terms are 30 days nett. Under the terms of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, (amended 2002) we reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts set at 8% above the Bank of England base lending rate and overdue accounts will be liable for additional debt recovery compensation (minimum £40).
If you wish to query a CJS invoice you must raise the query with CJS within 15 days of the date of the invoice. Any query must quote the relevant invoice number.
Agency Commission Sorry, CJS does not offer Commission.
1. CJS retains the right to edit advertisers copy should it, in their absolute discretion, be deemed necessary.
2. Camera ready artwork in a compatible format to be supplied or charged extra.
3. CJS retains the right to refuse to accept any advertisement.
4. CJS reserves the right to insert advertisements in any position within the publication at its sole discretion.
5. Cancellations – you may, without charge, cancel any booking until the cancellation deadline which is deemed to be the booking deadline; except for online advertising where it shall be the point of uploading advert to the website. Cancellation must be confirmed in writing. Any cancellations after this will be charged at full rate.
6. Amendments – copy may be changed or replaced without charge until the copy deadline, in the case of online advertising this is point of uploading, after which no alterations will be accepted.
7. No booking or copy will be accepted after the deadlines have past.
8. The advertiser grants CJS a non-exclusive, perpetual and royalty free, worldwide licence to publish the advertisement in any format including without limitation print and electronic format.
9. If CJS receives complaints about the content of an advertisement it may, at its discretion, remove the advertisement from display without reference or liability.
10. The advertiser and where applicable their agent warrant that the advert does not contravene the British Code of Advertising practice and is not in breach of any relevant legislation.
11. Online advertising – hyperlinks. The advertiser is responsible for maintaining the link and for the content of the linked site.
12. Payment – advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the applicable rate set out in the rate card valid for the date of publication.
13. Advertising rates are subject to VAT at the current standard rate.
14. Payment to be made within 30 days of the invoice date. Overdue accounts will incur interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate on the date the account becomes overdue.
15. Voucher copies – one voucher copy will be sent, free of charge, together with the invoice unless prior arrangements have been agreed in writing. Not more than one voucher copy will be sent free of charge to any one advertiser or their agent.
16. CJS maximum limit of liability is reimbursement of order value. CJS shall not be liable for failure to display the advertisement caused by circumstances outside their control.
17. By placing an advertisement it is understood that these terms and conditions have been accepted.
CJS is an ethical small business involving a small number of personnel dedicated to conservation. We aim for the highest possible standards, guaranteed by our ‘no quibble refund’ policy.
The purpose of our Service Standards is to let people know what they can expect from CJS. They also let our staff know what is expected of them. We regularly monitor our performance against these standards and we publish a bi-annual report on our performance from our CJS Subscriber Satisfaction Surveys.
The standard we aim for
General conduct: Staff provide efficient and helpful service on the telephone and in person. They give their name in correspondence and conduct themselves professionally.
General enquiries and requests for information: We will reply within 10 working days or acknowledge within 5 working days if the subject is complex. The acknowledgement will say who is dealing with your request and when you can expect a full reply. We will reply within 20 working days of receipt or within the deadlines and timescales set by the consultation procedure. In complex cases which may exceed this response standard, we will send you an acknowledgement saying who is dealing with the case and when you can expect a full reply.
Telephone: Calls will be answered as soon as possible, usually within 15 seconds. Answer-phone and fax messages will receive prompt attention and where possible calls will be returned within one working day. The use of answerphones during working hours will be kept to a minimum but we are a small team so please bear with us.
Office hours: Our office is open from 9am – 5 pm weekdays. An answer-phone is available outside normal hours and all of our information is also available on this website. Our office ignores most Bank Holidays except Christmas and New Year, when we close for 2-3 weeks.
Publications: Requests for sample copies of publications will normally be dispatched within five working days of receipt of the request, and priced publications within ten working days of receipt of payment. If a publication is temporarily unavailable for any reason we will let you know when you will receive it. Also available on the website. Duplicate voucher copies are available for six weeks after publication, after this time a fee of £5 per copy is payable.
Invoices: Invoices will normally be paid within credit terms agreed with suppliers, subject to satisfactory delivery of goods and services.
Complaints and suggestions
Despite our commitment to giving high-quality services, sometimes things will go wrong. When this happens we want to know about it, and to put things right where we can. If you do have a problem, then please contact us. We hope to sort out most problems on the spot. To find out more about our complaints procedure, please contact us. Our complaints procedure can also be found on our web site (below). If you have a suggestion or a complaint tell us about it and help us to help you.
Information and openness
We are committed to being as open as possible in all that we do. Our policy is aimed at helping the public and our partners to understand and be involved in our work. It also reflects our obligations under the Data Protection Act. We will provide information on request about most aspects of our work, including the data and information we hold about you. We will strive to answer requests that are reasonable and specific. However there are certain types of information that may remain confidential. For example we cannot release information that affects other legal rights or processes, particularly where personal privacy may be breached. Information about us, including our policies and work, is available from our web site. We will not normally charge for replying to information requests, unless in answering the request we would incur costs for materials or for presenting information in a specifically requested format.
The web site (www.countryside-jobs.com)
Our web site contains information on a range of CJS activities, products and initiatives including news releases, publications, training events (by other providers, not CJS!), advertising, subscribing and online shop. As well as being a source of information about CJS, the web site gives you the opportunity to comment about CJS and its work via a Feedback Form.
Contact us: CJS, The Moorlands, Goathland, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 5LZ. Tel: 01947 896007, Email: ranger @ countryside-jobs.com, web: www.countryside-jobs.com
Please see FAQs for explanations of many of our procedure. This Service Standard and our Complaints Procedure are available on the Terms and Conditions section of the website (that's this page, in case you were wondering!)
How to comment or complain
CJS is committed to giving a high quality service and has a policy of providing a ‘no quibble’ refund of your payment. Despite this commitment sometimes things will go wrong. When this happens we want to know about it, and to put things right where we can.
We also like to hear any suggestions you may have about how our services are provided. We can use these to improve the way we work.
If you have a suggestion or a complaint, tell us about it and help us to help you.
Our complaints procedure
Our promise to you
We will investigate your complaint thoroughly and fairly.
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 5 working days. The acknowledgement will say who is dealing with the complaint and when you can expect a reply.
We will write and tell you the outcome of our investigation within 20 working days. Difficult complaints sometimes take a little longer to sort out. If so, we will keep you up to date with what is happening
If we are at fault we will try to put things right as quickly as possible. In any case we will give you a full explanation.
Post: CJS, The Moorlands, Goathland, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 5LZ
E-mail : ranger @ countryside-jobs.com
Web site: www.countryside-jobs.com